I was Found! Me encontraron!

I have such brilliant news today!

One of my interests is in geneology but I never really have much time to dedicate to it, so I do very haphazard searches. A few months ago my friend JLO had pointed me to the Ancestry.com site where they were having a freebie 3 day full access trial. I jumped on, created an account and by trial and error managed to fill in a few blanks. I haven't been back much but imagine my surprise when this morning I found an email sent to me from the site requesting information.

The person who sent this called my maternal Great-grandmother her Aunt! WOW! WOW! WOW! She and a few other cousins (multiple times removed) have been researching forever! They've gone so far back that in our family that we can claim 11 Original signers of the Magna Charter in our line -- so I can become a Member of DAR if I so wish. I spent well over an hour on the phone with her this morning remembering shared stories. There is even a full blown website under construction Trees in the Woods "Woods" is the family surname.I even have a family branch who are Brasilian!! What a cool thing to learn -- now if could get a lead on my paternal side would be uber cool

Ah yes I haven't forgotten I need to serve you a Tapita today -- here is one I finished for one of the last few remaining classes at Willow Traders. Enjoy!


******************************************

Tengo una noticia super BUENA hoy!

Uno de mis multiples intereses es la geneologia pero debido a tiempo an recurson nunca puedo dedicarle mucho tiempo. Hace unos meses mi amiga JLO me dirijio a Ancestry.com cuando ofrecia la oportunidad de acesar todos los recursos del sitio gratis por tres dias.Me apunte, hice una cuenta y empece a rellanar huecos a mi aire. Hace tiempo queno he vuelot a pasar por alli asi que tal era mi sorpresa cuando esta manana me encontre con un email de alla pidiendome informacion.

La person que envio el mensaje llamaba a mi bisabuela TIA!!!! GUAU! GUAU! GUAU! Resulta que ella era la hija de su hermana y ahora tiene 77 anos. Ha estado recopliando informacion junto con otros primos desde hace anos. Han conseguido tanta inforamcion que verificaron que nuestra familia tenia parientes que eran de los orginales que firmaron la MAGNA CARTA (tiene que ver con el barco MAYFLOWER. Esto queier decir que puedo ser miembro del DAR (Hijas de la Revolucion) si quisiera. Tuve el placer de platicar con ella al telfono por mas de una hora. Supe que tiene un Website llamado Trees in the Woods siendo "Woods" el nombre de familia. Incluso tengo familiares que son Brasilenos. Ahor si pudiera tener el mismo suerte con la familia de mi padre seria superguay!

ah si una tapita os debo--he aqui un pagian que complete por la clase de Willow Traders. Que aproveches!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow Liz!!! That is some exciting news!!
Stacey said…
Yay for you! That is really great news!